Thursday, January 7, 2010

Slow cooking update...

I made the Salsa Chicken with Black Beans soup. I should have used canned beans or cooked it on high the entire time because my dried beans didn't get quite soft enough in time for dinner. (Dudes, we've got some seriously hard water here in P-town and it's impacting my beans!) Even with slightly crunchy beans it was delicious. The very best part was the fact that I used uncooked and completely frozen chicken breasts--take that lack of meal planning! The second best part was me trying to convince P that the "green stuff" in the soup *might* be celery, despite the name of the soup being "Salsa Chicken". Hee hee.

Another friend I showed the site to made the Pot Roast with Cranberry Sauce last night. Her report back was "incredibly easy and delicious." I'm looking for other suggestions of winners if anyone tries anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment