Thursday, January 28, 2010

Half full? Or half hairy?

So. Peeps. I was in the shower this morning and thought to myself, "Self, you actually got up early enough to shave those legs and since it's been a day or two (or 4-zip it--it's winter here!) you should do that." So, I squirted the shave gel on one leg, shaved it and then realized that I was entirely. Out. Of. Shave. Gel. None hiding in the closet. None in the travel bag. Even MD's wasn't available because he has started to shave in the other bathroom because I complain it takes him too long and I need to get in the shower and now I'm going to be late. (Yeah right, like it's his fault I'm running late.)

But back to my troubles. Essentially I'm walking around with one stubbly leg and one smooth leg now. And I have to tell you, it's a bit unsettling.

But it made me think of the old saying about the glass being half full or half empty. I think I'm going to try to change that saying to. The new check to see if you're an optimist or a pessimist is: "Are you one leg shaved or one leg hairy?" Oh, yeah, that's got a super catchy ring to it! I'm sure it's going to be sweeping the nation any day now. And you can point to this blog and know where it all started.

1 comment: