Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Cooking

Is it just me or does cumin smell like a construction worker's sweaty armpit? I'm trying a new recipe today, from a blog I've recently become obsessed with (it's actually a blog from two years ago--yet again proving my T-Rex like prowess when it comes to this thing we call the internets). I'm sure that the cumin will add that "certain something" to it but it totally grossed me out when I sprinkled it in.

I'll be sure to let you all know how it tastes. And the blog, it's here: crockpot365.blogspot.com. The author took on the challenge to make something in her crockpot every day for a year. Every day, man. Every day. And many of her recipes have been put into a book called "Make it Fast, Cook it Slow." Perhaps all of my 3.5 readers will find something in her recipes that tickles your fancy as well. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. One of your readers checking in and saying THANKS! I need more crock recipes. Let me know if you like what you try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will say that cumin CAN smell bad, especially if you use too much. One of Brandon's coworkers brought enchiladas that tasted like ass because it was heavily seasoned with cumin and what I believe was actually ass. THAT being said, I love cumin, and do think it adds a little something something to the things I cook. I think you will like it when the dish is done. Have you had my guacamole? It has a smidgen of cumin in it and its AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete