Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Meh

It seems as though everything in my makeup bag has something to do with turning back the hands of time.  As in "age defying" or "smooths fine lines" or "refreshes skin" or "hides dark circles so you don't look like you rubbed mascara under your eyes."  Oh wait, I may have added that last little part.  And I wonder why my career in advertising never took off the way I had hoped...

Anyway, all of my makeup seems to be focused on overcoming challenges of aging skin.  Too bad the very adolescent pimple on my chin doesn't know how to read those lables.  Or perhaps I've rewound the clock too far.  Back to my middle school days in 1984 when I thought I looked good in jaunty hats, jackets with shoulder pads so large the football team could have borrowed them for games, mismatched earrings (one was a small fork and the other a small knife--so like, totally bitchen!) and Keds worn with no laces and no socks (dear Lord, why hadn't Febreeze been invented back when I really needed it?).  Either way, I don't know that I was prepared to use an Oxy-10 type product on the same night that I applied "Rapid Wrinkle Repair Moisturizer."  Oh well.  So much glamour, so little time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so totally with you! In the past few months I haven't been liking the way my skin looks, so I've been experimenting with lotions and potions to correct dryness/wrinkles/dark spots/acne/brightness/skin tone. So now I usually apply four different creams on my face (in different areas) before bed. The result? Meh.

    By the way, I was just looking at pictures from our CKC adventure and totally coveting your bright, even, clear skin. I keep meaning to ask you your secret.

    ReplyDelete