Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Someone needs to be the adult around here

Here's the thing peeps.  I am easily amused.  Particularly in a 12 year old boy kind of way.  It totally cracks me up when my kids say things that mean something different to adults than they do to kids.  MD and I like to then repeat these statements for our own amusement. I present to you a few examples of late:

G realizing she forgot her silverware, "Oh my fork and knife!"  Say it just a bit faster now... that's right, hee hee.

The other day, P talking about a kid on the bus and wondering about his bus stop. "Where does he get off?"  Now say it like you're a member of Jersey Shore.  Now say it like that to your child, "where do YOU get off?"  Of course they don't get it and say something like, "You know, at the corner where you pick me up."  Oh right, I remember, I'm an adult.

Today, while snipping apart grapes, "Mom, you've got a little cluster there."  Oh G, if you only knew the number of little clusters going on in my life right now.   Of course it only reminds me of Fantastic Mr. Fox referring to something as a "cluster cuss" instead of the real term, and then I'm doubly amused.  Are you cussing me?   Tee hee. 

1 comment:

  1. Giggle giggle. I get it too. I'll never fully grow up. :)

    ReplyDelete