Thursday, March 25, 2010

A little fun...

Friends! For the first time in 3 weeks I slept with my down comforter on Monday. It was lovely. It had been in purgatory in the basement while we dealt with our um, bug situation. I had missed it's delightful comfort more than I would have thought. Oh, sweet sweet down. So much warmer than a towel! If the down people are looking for a new marketing slogan, I probably should copyright that right now, otherwise you may be seeing that phrase in your next issue of O Magazine. "Down. So much warmer than a towel."
And now on to other matters. We have a room in our house that we call the "Christmas tree room." While it is the room where the Christmas tree is on display in December it is always called the Christmas tree room. It could be the middle of summer and I'll ask the kids to take something to the Christmas tree room. Right now the Christmas tree room is proudly displaying a few Easter decorations:

Cute huh? I know, I know, it needs some height, and a few more items, but I'm typically only willing to buy holiday decorations when they are on clearance, so maybe next year...
Let's take a minute and admire the adorable carrot wagon shall we? Sassy and purchased around Christmas time--hello discount!!
So I breezed by the Christmas tree room this afternoon, and then paused for a slightly closer look when I noticed this...
A few rebel soldiers from the ice planet Hoth. Why yes, I do live with a 10 year old boy. Why do you ask?

Evidently those Rebel soldiers were on to something--there's Lord Vader. Look out guys!!

And this guy...he looks like trouble. I'm not exactly sure who he is. 5 minutes into the latest and greatest description of the most recent episode of "Star Wars Clone Wars" my eyes begin to roll to the back of my head, I start to hear a faint buzzing noise and part of my brain oozes out of my ear.

This last one really cracked me up. Nothing says "Happy Easter" like a duck packing heat.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so funny! At first, after only seeing the photo and not reading anything, I just wanted to leave this comment: CHRISTMAS TREE ROOOOOOOOOOM!!

    Anyway. The aerobed is lonely without you down here. I've had to console it several times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...this is awesome! I do think my youngest and your son would be great pals if not for the age difference! This is delightful...and will make a great scrapbook page at craft night next month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you call it the Christmas Tree Room. It's not a parlor or a sitting room, it's a Christmas Tree Room. That boy of your's can sure get creative with a few stuffed bunnies and some action figures.

    ReplyDelete